The Health Centre is named in the Memory of a Proactive Progressive Responsive and highly committed Canadian Senior Cleric the then Bishop of Tabora Archdiocese from 1928 – 1932, the late Right Reverend Bishop Joseph George Edward Michaud of the Society of the Missionaries of Africa popularly known as “The White Fathers”.
He founded the Mabinti wa Maria (Daughters of Mary) Congregation on the 24th May, 1930.
The Congregation of the Mabinti wa Maria (Daughters of Mary) is an Indigenous of the Diocesan Right.
Edward Michaud Memorial Health Centre (EMMHC) is located at Sinza “A” Ubungo District in Dar es Salaam Region. The Centre is along Sam Nujoma Road opposite with Mlimani City building and adjacent to the Full Gospel Bible Fellowship Church. The Centre was officially inaugurated on 23rd June 2007 by His Eminence Cardinal Polycarp Pengo, the Archbishop of Dar es salaam Archdiocese.
Edward Michaud Memorial Health Centre has been registered by Ministry of Health with Registration No.071316 dated 14th July 2008 and its main objective being making the Health Services available to the local community at affordable costs and serving Mother and Children.